Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Notice of Favorable Determination

Well, we're back from our vacation and there in our big pile of mail was a document we've been waiting on for four months! It's called the Notice of Favorable Determination and it's regarding our Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition. Basically, it means that somebody, somewhere has determined that we are "able to furnish proper care to an orphan or orphans..." It's a very important document and we're glad it finally came!

Today I had to get it notarized, certified by the County Clerk, and apostilled by the Secretary of State's office. So I made yet another trip to Frankfort. I grabbed a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, a diet Dr. Pepper and off I went. To offset the all-time-high gas prices, I decided to ride with my windows down and no air-conditioning. For those of you who know me, I'm always cold, so I must say, the 90 degree breeze actually felt nice. I sang along to the music on my favorite radio station Air1 - 95.3 - and had a rather enjoyable afternoon. (Thanks Bobbi T. for keeping Hadley for me today!) Personally, I'm just thankful that we live so close to the State Capital and that I can run these documents over myself. For some people, it takes several extra days of waiting b/c it's too far of a drive to their capital and the documents must be mailed.

It's been four weeks now since our dossier went over and still no word on travel dates! It can take up to 12 weeks so I'm not concerned, just anxious! At one point I was told that on average, it takes about 4 weeks to hear anything, so we're hoping for some news any day now! Of course I'll keep you updated.

I was hoping to post more pictures from our vacation, but so far, I haven't been able to figure out how. Daren and Seth get back from FL tomorrow so maybe Daren can help me!

Hope everyone is still having a great summer!

No comments: